This is the easiest, fail proof recipe you can make and it is perfect in the summer for cook outs. I love it plain, no icing, but I’ve also had it with cream cheese frosting or drizzled with glaze. The pineapple is such a compliment to the angel food cake.
- 1 box Angel Food cake mix (I like DH brand)
- 1 large (20 oz) can of crushed pineapple (in heavy syrup, do not drain)
- 1. Prep: REMOVE top oven rack; move remaining rack to lowest position. PREHEAT oven to 350°F. DO NOT GREASE THE PAN.
2. Pour cake mix into a bowl and add the entire can of crushed pineapple. Mix at low speed until moistened (30 seconds) and mix at medium speed for one minute. Do not overmix.
3. BAKE for 38 to 48 minutes.
That’s it! It’s so simple but it’s a gorgeous cake, moist and delicious.