This is fantastic with red velvet cake (Chef Stephs is what I use). And probably great with carrot cake too – just have not tried it yet. It is too good not to share! With permission, I have adapted this recipe from Rose Levy Beranbaums book, Roses Heavenly Cakes (sorry, my apostrophe will still not work)!
- (Makes : 3- 4 cups)
- White chocolate (6 ounces ounces/85 grams)
- Cream cheese, softened but still cool (16 ounces)
- Unsalted butter, softened but still cool (8 tablespoons/4 ounces)
- Sour cream (2 tablespoon/0.8 ounces/7 grams)
- Almond extract (1/2 teaspoon)
- Icing/powdered sugar (1/2 cup approximately)