This recipe is perfect for the Frozen Buttercream transfer technique.
ButterCream Icing for Frozen Transfers
- 1 cup Crisco (Do not use high-ration shortening. You need a stiffer
- 3 sticks butter (real butter, good quality)
- 2 Tsp flavoring (I use 1 Tsp clear vanilla, 1 Tsp butter flavoring)
- 2* pounds powdered sugar, sifted several times (I sift 5 times)
- 1. Cream the butter and shortening well.
- 2. Add the flavoring.
- 3. Slowly add the powdered sugar.
- 4. Mix on 8-10 speed for approximately 5-10 minutes for a smooth consistency. The length of time depends on the weather/atmosphere at your house.
- *Add more sugar if not stiff enough. I live in the High Desert of California with no humidity. I had to add more sugar to this recipe while visiting North Carolina.