Want that creamy light frosting you get from high-end bakeries. This is the one. It is less sweet than traditional buttercream. Plus, I just add 2 tablespoons of high quality cocoa and a teaspoon of espresso and it makes an amazing chocolate frosting. Crusts nicely if chilled.
- Prep time: 20-25 min
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup milk (I use 2% or whole)
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter (unsalted)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 salt
2. cook stirring constantly until mixture bubbles.
4.In a large bowl, cream shortening, butter and sugar until fluffy and well mixed.
5. add vanilla and salt to creamed mix until blended well.
6. on medium speed beat in cooled flour mix in small portions (teaspoon at a time) beating well after each addition.
7. continue beating until light and fluffy.
Always apply frosting to a well chilled or frozen cake.