- Chocolate Frosting
- 1 3/4 cups unsweetened natural cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups powder sugar
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder (optional)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup unsalted butter, soft
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1) Sift the cocoa, confectioners’ sugar and espresso powder, into a bowl.
- 2) Bring the cream to a simmer on the stove or in the microwave, and whisk into the cocoa mixture, at first the mixture will look grainy; continue whisking for a minute. It should be smooth, Set aside to cool to room temperature
- 5) Place the butter, salt, and 2 cups sifted powder sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat until the mixture is smooth and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla.
- 7) With the mixer running on low speed, add the cocoa mixture a spoonful at a time until it’s all incorporated. Scrape the bowl, then beat at medium speed for one minute more. For thicker consistency add 1 cup powder sugar. Frost, fill, pipe, and decorate cakes/cupcakes
what is the weight equivalent of a "cup" please?
Isn"t powdered, and confectionary sugar the same ?
Login To Leave A Comment