This yellow cake is perfect for any single layer sheet cake or wonderful cupcakes
2 3/4 cup Flour
2 1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/2 cup Butter
1 3/4 cup Sugar
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
1 1/4 cup Milk
1. Pre-Heat oven to 375F
Grease and lightly flour muffin tins or fill with paper baking cups.
2. Mix together the flour, baking powder and one teaspoon of salt.
3. Beat butter, sugar and vanilla together until light.
4. Add one egg and beat well (for about a minute or so) and then add the other egg and repeat.
5. Add milk and the dry ingredients to this mixture, alternately. Mix well after each addition. Pour into the muffin pans, filling each halfway.
6. Bake at 375F for about 20 minutes, then cool on a wire rack.
Alternate baking units:
Double the recipe for a 1/2 sheet 1 layer cake.
Double the recipe for a 1/4 sheet 2 layer cake.