Makes an absolutely delicious cake that has a ‘crumb’ similar to a pound cake, ideal for decorating and stacking/tiering.
Enhanced Cake Formula
- 1 Cake Mix Box (Duncan Heines®, Betty Crocker®, Pillsbury® etc.)
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 generous dash of salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup melted butter (optional, but highly recommended)
Preheat Oven to 325°
- Mix flour, sugar, cake mix, and salt together with fork, set aside.
- Into Mixer bowl put eggs, water, sour cream and butter.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well on (about 2 minutes on low speed).
- Bake at 325° for 30 -60 minutes depending on pan size.
I have made this cake with much positive feedback.
I love this with a white or french vanilla mix, but not with chocolate. While it tasted good, the texture was off for me.
I was really unsure about this recipe when the woman who made my wedding cake showed it to me but I remember how good my cake was and decited to take it for a test run and omg I couldnt be happier, this is seriously the only recipe I will use when it comes to white cake, I am trying it today with a chocolate cake just as a test run for a German Chocolate Cake I will be making next month to see if its suitable to use, Will post an update
K update as promised, I made the recipe using chocolate cake and I hate to say it but it was awful, no flavor and just totally off, I still love the vanilla and keep boxes of cake mix in my pantry just to make this cake last min.
I absolutely LOVE this cake recipe. It is my go-to recipe and has NEVER failed me. I've made it with white, coconut, pineapple, and butter box mixes and all have turned out delicious. Thank you!!
I made this cake over the weekend and everyone actually LOVED it!!!! Thx =)
Login To Leave A Comment