A friend of mine gave me this recipe.
- * 3 cups all-purpose flour
- * 2 cups white sugar
- * 1 teaspoon salt
- * 2 teaspoons baking soda
- * 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- * 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- * 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- * 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- * 2 cups cold water
1. Sift flour, sugar, salt, soda, and cocoa together into a 9 x 13 inch ungreased cake pan. Make three wells. Pour oil into one well, vinegar into second, and vanilla into third well. Pour cold water over all, and stir well with fork.
2. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 to 40 minutes, or until tooth pick inserted comes out clean. Frost with your favorite icing.