Easy to make in 5 easy steps and they are very good.
4 ounces reduced-fat or nonfat cream cheese
1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
1/2 cup yellow squash, pureed
1 large egg white
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup nonfat (skim) milk
1/2 cup blueberry puree
1/2 cup spinach puree
1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Prepare a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray or line with paper baking cups.
2. For filling, beat the cream cheese, sugar, squash puree, egg white, and salt in bowl until smooth; set aside.
3. For the batter, combine the sugar, milk, blueberry and spinach purees, and oil in a large bowl or the bowl of an electric mixer and until smooth. Add flour, baking soda, and salt, and mix until just combined.
4. Using about half the total amount of batter, fill each muffin cup about one-third full. Drop a tablespoonful of the filling on top of each, and cover with the rest of batter. bake until the tops of the cupcakes are lighty browned and spring back to the touch, 20 to 25 minutes. Turn the cupcakes out onto a rack to cool.
5. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days, or wrap indivdually and freeze for up to 1 month.