these moist, very chocolaty squares are sweet and rich. Serve them with ice cream for a special dessert! preparation time; 15 minutes, baking time 30 to 35 minutes.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. water1 pkg. (12 oz.) semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans ice cream, optional
- 1. in small bowl mix flour and baking soda. set aside.
2. in small saucepan, combine butter, sugar, and water. bring just to a boil; remove from heat.
3.add 1 cup chocolate pieces and the vanilla and stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
4. add eggs, one at a time, beating throughly after each addition
5.gradually add flour mixture, beating until smooth
6. stir in remaining chocolate pieces and nuts.
7. spennd in greased 9-inch square baking pan
8. bake at 325 for 30 to 35 minutes until pick inserted near center comes out clean.
9. cool completely on wire rack. then cut into 16 squares.serve with ice cream.