this is an aussie recipe so i would use the measurements instead of the cup sizing as there is a difference betweent aussie & US. i made this for my office and it was completely eaten within 2hrs and people asked me for the recipe so im very happy with how it turned out.
oh, and i did add more lemon rind, about half a tablespoon more because i love lemons
- 250grms butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 cups (440g) caster sugar (fine sugar)
- 6 eggs
- ¾ cup (180g) sour cream
- 2 cups (300g) plain flour, sifted
- ¼ cup (35g) self raising flour, sifted
- ½ cup (80g) pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon demerara sugar
- ¼ cup (90g) honey
1. Preheat oven to 180c/160c fan forced (350f/320f)
2. Grease deep 8″/23cm square cake pan. Line base and all sides with baking (parchment) paper, extending paper 2″/5cm over edges
3. Beat butter, rind and caster sugar in medium bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
4. Beat in eggs, one at a time
5. In 2 batches, stir in sour cream and sifted flour
6. Spread mixture into pan, bake for 15mins
7. Meanwhile, combine pine nuts and demerara sugar in small bowl
8. Remove cake from oven, working quicky sprinkle nut mixture evenly over cake, press gently into top of cake.
9. Return cake to oven and bake a further 45minutes.
10. Stand cake in pan 5mins before turning topside up onto wire rack
11. Meanwhile, heat honey in small saucepan. Drizzle hot cake evenly with hot honey
12. Cool before serving
hhi what is demerara sugar??I am new on baking and I love everything that is lemon flavor. I would like to try this recipe!
i had to search for the sugar and for us, demerara sugar is: www.csrsugar.com.au/ViewProduct.aspx?id=7 and it has a "rich golden colour and subtle molasses flavour " to be honest if i couldnt find it i would have just used normal sugar. thanks
most likely by the sound of the discrpition its brown sugar..
Login To Leave A Comment