This cake won rave reviews! It is a dense cake, somewhat like a pound cake (if such a thing is even possible without any eggs). The recipe I started with had reviews suggesting using only 3/4 cup of butter, which I’ll probably try next time.
- * 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (cake flour is even better)
- * 2 teaspoons baking powder
- * 1 teaspoon baking soda
- * 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- * 1 cup pureed strawberries
- * 2 tablespoons sugar
- * 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- * 1 teaspoon strawberry flavoring
- * 1 cup melted butter
-Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour a 9×13 inch pan or (2) 8″ rounds.
-Sift together the flour, baking powder and baking soda into a large bowl. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda. Make a well in the center and pour in the sweetened condensed milk, strawberry puree, vanilla, strawberry flavoring and melted butter. Mix well and pour into pan(s).
-Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 45 minutes for a 9×13 pan, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.