This has become my go to buttercream. It’s light and fluffy and crusts beautifully. It goes particularly well with wasc. I get rave reviews on this icing.
It’s important that you use cream, half and half or whole milk. The high fat content is what makes it so very creamy.
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 1/2 cup butter (can substitute in 1/2 cup cream cheese for 1/2 c butter for added flavor)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 2 t sea salt (can sub regular tablesalt)
In a standing mixer fitted with a whisk, mix together sugar and butter. Mix on low speed until well blended and then increase speed to medium and beat for another 3 minutes.
Add vanilla and cream and continue to beat on medium speed for 1 minute more, adding more cream if needed for spreading consistency.