This recipe was given to me years ago, I use it all the time and my customers and brides rave over it. Stiff consistency and I can pipe buttercream roses with it,also.
- 1c. salted butter (room temp)
- 1c. high ratio shortening , or the store brand, must have the transfat in it
- 4Tbs meringue powder
- 1 3/4 tsp clear vanilla
- 1/2 tsp butter flavor
- 1/8 tsp almond flavor
- 1/16 tsp popcorn salt
- 2# powdered sugar, made with beet sugar
- 5 Tbs milk or water, for stiff, rose consistency
- or 7-8 Tbs milk or water for medium consistency
Mix butter, shortening, meringue powder, flavorings and salt in kitchen aid or hobart mixer, next mix in water or milk, then stream in powdered sugar on low speed, then take to medium speed till smooth, 2 min. Keeps well tightly wrapped in cooler.