This version of champagne cake includes pistachio pudding mix, club soda, pineapple, nuts and coconut.
Champagne Cake III
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 cup carbonated water
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (4 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 6 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 9 inch pans.
2 In a large bowl, combine the cake mix and instant pudding. Add club soda, eggs and oil, mix well. Stir in the pineapple, chopped nuts and cherries. Spread evenly into the prepared pans.
3 Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Cool cake completely before icing.
4 To make the icing: In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup pecans, 1 cup coconut, melted margarine, confectioners’ sugar and vanilla, mix until well blended. Frost cake.
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment