This recipe came to me when I was in the process of thinking what candy cupcake to make for the Holidays. Taste like an actual peanut butter ball.
- Peanut Butter Cake Ingredients:
- 1 ¾ cups of cake flour, sifted
- ¼ tsp. Baking soda
- ¾ tsp. Baking powder
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1 ½ sticks unsalted butter. Room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 large eggs
- ½ tsp. Vanilla extract
- ½ cup sour cream
- Pre-heat oven to 375*. Place paper cups into cupcake pan.
- In bowl sift and mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In Large bowl cream together butter and granulated sugar until pale and fluffy on medium speed. Reduce to low speed. Beat in peanut butter until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until each is incorporated, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Beat in vanilla. Add flour mixture, and mix until just combined. Beat in sour cream.
- Fill paper cups ¾ way up with mixture. Bake until pale golden for about 20 minutes or when toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Place cupcakes on wire racks to cool completely.
Peanut Butter Mousse ingredients:
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup confectionary sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- In bowl, mix heavy cream until soft peaks form. Mix sugar and peanut butter together. Fold peanut butter mixture into whipped cream. When cupcakes are cooled, fill.
Dark Chocolate Ganache ingredients:
- 2 cup heavy cream
- 13 ounces dark chocolate; broken into pieces
- 6 Tbsp. Corn syrup
- Place the cream in a pot and bring to a boil, stirring. Add the chocolate and corn syrup and stir untl melted and combined. Pour into cool metal bowl and whip for 5 minutes or until ganache is fluffy and cool. When ganache is cool to the touch, dip and swirl your cupcake top into ganache. Let stand right side up on wire rack until set.
- Place 1 cup of peanuts into a ziplock bag. Take something heavy and crush the peanuts.
Sprinkle grumbled peanuts on top of ganache to finish.