I created this to add a âChristmasyâ flair to some red velvet cupcakes I made for a Christmas Party. It was a huge hit! After I iced a Devils Food Cake with it and it was even better. I hope you like it
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 cups Shortening
- 1 tsp pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 cups Confectioners Sugar
- 3 tbsp milk or water
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 6 oz White Chocolate
- 1/8 â 1/4 tsp Natural Peppermint Extract
- Cream butter and shortening until combined add vanilla stir , add sugar 1 cup at a time rotating with 1 tbsp milk/water until combined. In a small pot add heavy cream over med low heat warm cream just enough that tiny bubbles form at the sides remove from heat and whisk in white chocolate stir quickly until blended, add peppermint extract mixing well. When it cools to room temp add to buttercream and mix thoroughly.
I added crushed peppermints to this and it turned pink! Very pretty for valentines!
I tried this with raspberry substituted for the mint.. VERY tasty. Thanks for the recipe!
Does this frosting crust and are you able to decorate with it?
Login To Leave A Comment