This is not my recipe, I found this recipe in a book and it is so good I just had to share it. It was in ‘Cherry Cheesecake Murder’ by Joanne Fluke.
- 1.5 cups melted butter
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs (whipped up with a fork)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- .5 teaspoon salt
- .5 cup baby food mashed bananas
- 5.1 ounce package banana cream pudding mix
- 3.5 cups flour (not sifted, pack it down in the cup)
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 2 cups peanut butter chips
- .5 cup granulated sugar, for later
1. Melt the butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Stir in the sugars, beaten eggs, baking soda and salt.
2. Measure out .5 cup baby food bananas and add it, along with the package of dry pudding mix.
3. Mix in the flour by half-cup increments. Add the nuts and then the peanut butter chips. Stir until everything is incorporated
4. Roll the dough into walnut-sized balls with your hands. If it’s too sticky, chill it for 30 minutes or so, and try again.
5. Put .5 cup white granulated sugar in a small bowl and roll the balls in it. Place the dough balls on a greased cookie sheet, 12 to a standard-sized sheet. Press them down with the heel of your hand.
6. Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes at 350 degree F, or until they are lightly golden in color. Let them cool for 2 minutes on the cookie sheet and then move them to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Yield: Approx 8 to 10 dozen cookies, depending on cookie size.
I love that series of books.
Me too!!!!!! There is supposed to be a cookbook coming out in late 2010 or early 2011 with the recipes from all the books in it. I already want it!!
so does the .5 mean 1/2 cup???
Login To Leave A Comment