A delightfully refreshing summer dessert featuring sherbet and angel food cake. Pretty as a picture!
Rainbow Sherbet Cake
- 1 (9 inch) angel food cake
- 1 pint orange sherbet, softened
- 1 pint raspberry sherbet, softened
- 1 pint lime sherbet, softened
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 Slice angel food cake crosswise to make four layers. Place the bottom layer on a serving plate and spread orange sherbet evenly on top. Repeat with remaining cake layers and raspberry and lime sherbets. Finish with final layer of cake. Frost sides and top with whipped topping and place in freezer for 1 hour, until firm.