A great-tasting cake that’s really easy to do (I’ve done it as a beginner and I’ve gotten great results). It’s also great for cupcakes. Of all the cakes I’ve made, this is the one I like best.
Butter (337.5 g / 1 1/2 cups)
Cream Cheese (225 g / 1 bar)
White Sugar (565 g / 3 cups)
Eggs (375 g / 6 pcs)
Vanilla Extract (1 tsp)
All-Purpose Flour (340 g / 3 cups)
Salt (1 tsp)
Rum (3 tbsps)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and line two 8″ round pans.
2. Cream butter and cream cheese together until smooth.
3. Add sugar until light and fluffy (about 5 mins)
4. Add eggs one at a time to creamed mixture, beating well until combined. Mix in vanilla.
5. Combine the flour and salt and sift together. With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture in two additions, mixing until just combined.
6. Pour into the prepared tins and bake until golden and tester comes out almost clean (just a few crumbs attached). This will take about an hour or more.
*Note: If you want to make this a chocolate cream cheese pound cake, simply replace 65g of flour with 65g of cocoa powder.