This cake is eggless, but also can have substitute with milk to make Vegan Friendly Cake! Taste awsome!!!
All Purpose flour – 2 Cups
Salt – 1 teaspoon
Baking Powder – 1 teaspoon
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – ¾ cups
Granulated Sugar – 2 cups
Vegetable Oil – 1 cup (I only use Canola Oil)
Hot Coffee – 1 cup (I mixed 1.25 teaspoons of instant coffee powder w/ 1 cup of hot water)
Milk – 1 cup (I used 2% milk)
Silken Tofu, pureed – ½ cup (I used Nasoya Brand Silken Tofu)
Vanilla Extract – 1 teaspoon
*For Vegan Option use soy milk instead of regular milk and egg substitutes
1. Preheat oven to 325 F (160C)
2. Grease and flour two 9-inch cake pans
3. Sift together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa and sugar into large mixing bowl.
4. Make a well, and add the canola oil. Then add in the hot coffee
5. Add Milk
6. Add pureed tofu (Remove the silken tofu from packet using spoon add it to the blender and puree it to a creamy mixture)
7. And a couple of drops of vanilla
8. Beat at medium speed for 2-3 minutes. (If using egg substitute beating mixture with mixer will cause to be thin, however if beating by hand will end up with lumps. It’s your call on which style of mixing you choose to use.)
9. Pour batter evenly into both 9-inch cake pans
10. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until wooden tooth pick comes out clean of center
11. Let cakes cool before removing them from pans, roughly 1 hour
Wow!!! Great thank you for sharing my Dentist is vegan and he wants me to make him a cake thank you so much!!!
I live with my brother in law and he is a Vegan and it drives him crazy when I bake cake and he can't eat it lol so thank you... I am sure he will love it!
any reviews on the cake?
Do you know about how much egg replacer to use rather than the tofu? How many eggs would go into the recipe, just to measure the replacement.
All purpose flour? Is that plain or self-raising flour please?
Login To Leave A Comment