Pink Velvet Raspberry Cake Recipe. Goes with Raspberry puree and Raspberry Chambord Buttercream filling. Simply Delish!
Pink Velvet Raspberry Cake
Unsalted butter, softened, for pans
- 2 tbls unsweetened cocoa powder, plus more for dusting
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour, not self-rising
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 jar Pink (rose) food coloring by wiltons
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp rasberry extract
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- Batter for each 3-inch-deep pan: 4-inch, 1 1/2 cups; 6-inch, 3 1/2 cups; 9-inch, 5 cups; 12-inch, 8 cups; 15-inch, 12 cups
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter pans; line with parchment paper. Butter lining; dust with cocoa, tapping out excess. Set aside. Whisk together flour, salt, and cocoa in a medium bowl; set aside.
Mix sugar and oil on medium speed in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk until combined. Add eggs one at a time; mix well after each addition. Mix in food coloring, raspberry and vanilla. Add flour mixture in 3 batches, alternating with the buttermilk and beginning and ending with flour, mixing well after each addition. Scrape down sides of bowl as needed.
Stir together baking soda and vinegar in a small bowl. Add baking-soda mixture to batter, and mix on medium speed 10 seconds. Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake until a cake tester inserted into centers comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool completely in pans on wire racks.