Old-fashioned pudding cake makes a come-back as gingerbread.
Gingerbread Pudding Cake
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup LAND O LAKES® Butter, softened*
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 1/3 cup LAND O LAKES® Butter, melted
1 Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, salt, allspice and nutmeg in medium bowl; set aside.
2 Beat 1/2 cup butter and sugar in large bowl on medium speed until creamy. Add egg; continue beating until well mixed. Reduce speed to low. Continue beating, alternately adding flour mixture with molasses and 1 cup water, beating after each addition just until mixed.
3 Pour batter into 13×9-inch ungreased baking pan; sprinkle with 3/4 cup brown sugar.
4 Combine 1 1/2 cups hot water and 1/3 cup melted butter in medium bowl; carefully pour over top of batter. Bake for 40 to 55 minutes or until gingerbread is cracked on top and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.