Good cake, takes a little work. Great for parties and get togethers.
Punch Bowl Cake I
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (16 ounce) can fruit cocktail
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 6 ounces flaked coconut
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 2 (8 ounce) containers frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple, with juice
1 Bake cake mix according to package directions for 2 layers, let cakes cool.
2 Make pudding as per package directions and set aside to firm.
3 Put one layer of cake in bottom of large punch bowl, spread with 1/2 of the vanilla pudding , then the entire can of fruit cocktail, 1/2 of the cherry pie filling, 1/2 of the coconut and 1/2 of the nuts, then 1/2 of the whipped topping. Place the second layer of cake in the bowl and spread with remainder of the vanilla pudding, the entire can of crushed pineapple, the remaining cherry pie filling, nuts, then coconut, top with the remaining 1/2 of the whipped topping. Garnish top with chopped nuts. Serve with a large spoon.
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment