This is such a light and refreshing cake.
Million Dollar Cake
- 1 (18.5 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 2 (8 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 Mix and bake cake mix as per package instruction for two 8 or 9 inch round layers. Let layers cool then split each layer in half so as to have 4 layers.
2 Whip cream cheese until soft, add the confectioners’ sugar and thoroughly mix. Stir in the pineapple (juice also) and the drained mandarin oranges (Reserve about 5 mandarin orange slices to decorate the top of cake.), breaking up the oranges with back of a spoon. Stir in the dry pudding mix. Mix well until you feel the pudding mix has been dissolved. Fold in the whipped topping. Place one cake layer on a cake plate cut side up; spread with frosting. Place another layer cut side down on the first one. Again spread with frosting. Repeat until all layers are used spreading last bit of frosting on top and sides of cake. Keep refrigerated. It is best if refrigerated overnight before serving.