Pudding like strawberry cake with a decadent white chocolate frosting.
Strawberry Dream Cake I
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 1/2 cups frozen sweetened strawberries, pureed
- 12 ounces cream cheese
- 8 (1 ounce) squares white chocolate
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 pint sliced fresh strawberries
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 9 inch round cake pans.
2 Make cake per directions except substitute the 1 1/2 cups of strawberries for the water and add 1 extra egg, (if cake mix calls for 2 eggs add 3), and 8 ounces of the cream cheese at room temperature. Beat well and pour into the prepared pans.
3 Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. A toothpick inserted in the center will not come out clean when this cake is done since it is so moist. Let cake cool fully before frosting.
4 To Make Frosting: Heat the heavy cream until just beginning to boil. Pour it over the white chocolate (chopped) and the remaining 4 ounces cream cheese. Mix well and let cool. Once cool fold into the whipped topping. Use to frost cooled cake and garnish with sliced fresh strawberries.