This recipe is a good one for the fall and winter when pears are plentiful. You can use any pear you like in this recipe.
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely grated unpeeled pears
- 1 Stir together the flours, oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
2 In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Gradually beat in the brown sugar until the mixture is thick. Beat in the melted butter or margarine and the vanilla. Beat flour mixture into the liquid mixture, and then stir in the grated pears. Turn the batter into a greased and floured tube pan.
3 Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 70 minutes, or until it tests done with a toothpick. Transfer cake to a rack to cool.
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment