Anyone Tried The Cake Boss Software?

Business By mypastrychef Updated 6 Aug 2009 , 1:32pm by kelleym

mypastrychef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mypastrychef Posted 21 Jan 2007 , 4:05am
post #1 of 54

I seen a thread that was started a year ago about a decorators program by Pinkbunny and her programmer husband, and I was wondering if anyone is using the CakeBoss, it seems to be similar to the thread they were talking about. Anyhow I just downloaded it and am going to check it out.
mpc

53 replies
VACakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VACakelady Posted 21 Jan 2007 , 6:11am
post #2 of 54

I haven't heard of that one, but please let us know what you think of it. Thanks.

Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 21 Jan 2007 , 6:53am
post #3 of 54

We have a new thread started this morning about CakeBoss.

It is a creation of a CC member (kelleym) and her husband.

Sugarbean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarbean Posted 21 Jan 2007 , 2:09pm
post #4 of 54

Health,

Could you direct me to this thread? I tried searching and nothing came up. icon_smile.gif

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 21 Jan 2007 , 2:25pm
post #5 of 54

You can test the program here:

www.cakeboss.com

SugarCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarbean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarbean Posted 21 Jan 2007 , 3:05pm
post #7 of 54

Thanks!!

Derby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Derby Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 2:26am
post #8 of 54

I LOVE it so far. It's PERFECT for my cake decorating business. I may be more inclined to use Quickbooks for tax/accounting purposes, but it's WAY too complicated for me....but CakeBoss is GREAT!!!

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 2:38am
post #9 of 54

I was thinking with just a small home business I could not get anything out of it. I just looked at it and it seems I may be able to benefit too. Thanks for the info.

Suebee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suebee Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 2:11am
post #10 of 54

I LOVE IT and it's going live May 1. Can't wait.

kiki36 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kiki36 Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 5:39am
post #11 of 54

I can't wait this is something I truly need!

midialjoje Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
midialjoje Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 11:39am
post #12 of 54

It's fabulous!!! recommend it HIGHLY!!

marcus0316 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marcus0316 Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 5:10am
post #13 of 54

I think its great !!!!

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 1 May 2007 , 11:57am
post #14 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suebee

I LOVE IT and it's going live May 1. Can't wait.

what do u mean it's going live?

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 1 May 2007 , 12:09pm
post #15 of 54

CakeBoss is now "LIVE" meaning it is for sale to the general public! Check out today's CC Newsletter!

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-257593.html

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 1 May 2007 , 2:40pm
post #16 of 54

I saw it well I'm confused you can buy a membership or a cd it sounds like the cd is a better deal why o they offer a membership could itbe because the membership they give you upgrades when there's any and the cd doesn't ?

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 1 May 2007 , 2:57pm
post #17 of 54

I was wondering about that too.

kelleym Posted 1 May 2007 , 3:02pm
post #18 of 54

Hello! The Installation CD is for people who are unable to download CakeBoss from our web site (either because they have dialup or no internet at all). The price of the CD ($10) is in addition to the subscription.

Please feel free to email me at [email protected] if you have any other questions!

Thanks,
Kelley

thedessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thedessertdiva Posted 1 May 2007 , 4:00pm
post #19 of 54

I do cakes (on a small scale) cookies and other gourmet desserts mostly. Will this benefit me in those ventures? So far it looks like a great program, but I'm not sure it will fit my exact need. Is there a program similar to this for cookie decorators?

kelleym Posted 1 May 2007 , 4:09pm
post #20 of 54

We have users who have cookie businesses and they have been extremely happy with it! We think it's a great tool for home bakers of all kinds. If you subscribe but decide you can't use it, we will refund your money within 30 days, no questions asked. icon_smile.gif

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 1 May 2007 , 4:34pm
post #21 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedessertdiva

I do cakes (on a small scale) cookies and other gourmet desserts mostly. Will this benefit me in those ventures? So far it looks like a great program, but I'm not sure it will fit my exact need. Is there a program similar to this for cookie decorators?

I definitely think it would benefit you......I'm not technically "in business" but I sell quite a few cakes and cookies via word of mouth and I love this program, don't know what I'd do without it to tell you the truth!!!! Instead of sitting down everytime I have an order trying to figure up the cost of my ingredients, I already have all my recipes on cake boss and it gives me the total cost to make each recipe based on my ingredients! So all I have to do is type in how many of each recipe I used and it figures up all of my costs for me.........it's a wonderful program I can't say enough good things about it!!!! I use it for my cookies as well, you don't need a separate program for cookies!!

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 1 May 2007 , 4:37pm
post #22 of 54

I only do cookies and it works great for me.

cmmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cmmom Posted 1 May 2007 , 4:38pm
post #23 of 54

I have this and ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif It is worth trying out even if you are a small scale business. It is kind of like CC, you'll think "What did I ever do without my CAKEBOSS?!" thumbs_up.gif

SweetieD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetieD Posted 1 May 2007 , 4:45pm
post #24 of 54

Has anyone else had any problems going to the cakeboss site? I clicked on the button to buy the software and it said there was a problem with the site's security certificate and that I should not continue viewing the site. icon_sad.gif

kelleym Posted 1 May 2007 , 5:03pm
post #25 of 54

There is a security alert on the shopping cart page because one item on the page (the CakeBoss logo) is not secured. However, your personal and credit card information is completely secure, and you can click past any security notification.

kelleym Posted 2 May 2007 , 12:43am
post #26 of 54

I wanted to give you all an update -- there are no longer any unsecured items on the shopping cart page, so no one's browsers should return a security error. Shop in peace icon_smile.gif

SweetieD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetieD Posted 2 May 2007 , 3:57pm
post #27 of 54

Is there a way I could use the software without internet? I don't have it at home and I don't think the work computer is the place for it icon_razz.gif

MichelleM77 Posted 2 May 2007 , 7:26pm
post #28 of 54

I don't think you need the internet to use the software, but you would need internet access to get updates for it (I think Kelley said those would be quarterly?).

kelleym Posted 2 May 2007 , 7:27pm
post #29 of 54

We have a plan in place for those without internet -- please email me at [email protected] for details. icon_smile.gif

MichelleM77 Posted 2 May 2007 , 7:29pm
post #30 of 54

There's the official word! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%