Tlc's Ultimate Cake Off??

Lounge By mindy1204 Updated 12 Oct 2009 , 1:04pm by cylstrial

mindy1204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindy1204 Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 3:48pm
post #1 of 127

In reading the article about Buddy they mentioned Ultimate Cake off. What is this show about and when is it on. I thought I had all cake show scheduled down but I missed this one.

Thanks

126 replies
jardot22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jardot22 Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 4:01pm
post #2 of 127

This is a new one that starts next month (I think). Sharon Zambito is going to be on one of the episodes along with Rebecca Sutterby. I can't wait to watch!

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 4:02pm
post #3 of 127

its not on yet, it starts soon. go to the pink box cake site (i think, is it pink cake box, total mind blank!) and they talk about it on their blog.
i cant see either cause im in the uk, but it sounds better than the food network challenges...
xx

jardot22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jardot22 Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 4:05pm
post #4 of 127

Here's the info from TLC's website:

The greatest cake artists in the world go head to head in competition to build the ultimate cake. Each week, three renowned cake decorators lead their teams to build cakes over five feet tall, weighing hundreds of pounds. These cakes are themed to fit a marquee event where the winning cake will be showcased as a centerpiece. Normally, it would take weeks to construct cakes of this magnitude. Our experts will have just nine hours. Who will have the vision, skill and determination to create the ultimate cake?

Catch the sneak peek August 3 @ 10/9c.

mindy1204 Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 7:32pm
post #5 of 127

OHH I will have to watch that... Thanks for the info

mindy1204 Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 7:34pm
post #6 of 127

mindy1204 Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 7:35pm
post #7 of 127

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 29 Jul 2009 , 10:30pm
post #8 of 127

Thanks for the 411! I'll be sure to watch!

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 30 Jul 2009 , 8:48am
post #9 of 127

I was thinking it starts this Sunday, I guess it's only a preview then, thanks anyways ---waiting impatiently--

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 31 Jul 2009 , 12:10am
post #10 of 127

There is also Jennifer Dontz who will be on the challenge as well as Coutney Clark. I also read it somewhere around the forums that one memeber in here also participated in the challenge.

Cake-Gal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake-Gal Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 7:57pm
post #11 of 127

You can see several participants listed in this thread--starting about page 27.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=624149&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=390

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 2 Aug 2009 , 8:18pm
post #12 of 127

Here are the times it's being aired:

http://tlc.discovery.com/tv-schedules/series.html?paid=2.14413.56123.38589.1

It's the same eposide but there are re-runs all week.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 2:53am
post #13 of 127

OMG! This is awesome! Now, that's what I call a cake decorating challenge!!!!

all4cake Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 3:01am
post #14 of 127

They were all awesome! However, I thought Ashley's was the best...it was incredible!

Something about that Grodie lady....

shyann_rayne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shyann_rayne Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 3:04am
post #15 of 127

Yep, I thought Ashley was the best as well. Can't wait for the 31st!

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 3:05am
post #16 of 127

Me too. Loved Ashley's. Can't wait to see the episode with Sharon aka SugarShack!

elvis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elvis Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 3:08am
post #17 of 127

LOVED the show!! I thought Ashley was going to win too-- her cake was amazing!! It seemed to come down to the logo. The winning cake was awesome too. Harsh judging- yowza!

Jackie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jackie Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 3:10am
post #18 of 127

Just a quick update for you all this show... Keeping watching this season, you will be seeing quite a few CC members that have never been on TV before featured on the show!

all4cake Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 3:12am
post #19 of 127

I was wondering if this was the ONE ...oh goody goody!

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 3:14am
post #20 of 127

I took Ruth Ricky's class at ICES and she will be on one episode too.

I was surprised to see that one woman from amazing wedding cakes as a judge (the one whol looks like a thinner mama cass icon_razz.gif ). I was never impressed with her work and she certainly isn't in the same league as the people who she is "judging" IMO

all4cake Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 3:21am
post #21 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by nannie

I took Ruth Ricky's class at ICES and she will be on one episode too.

I was surprised to see that one woman from amazing wedding cakes as a judge (the one whol looks like a thinner mama cass icon_razz.gif ). I was never impressed with her work and she certainly isn't in the same league as the people who she is "judging" IMO

lol
shhh.gifher nickname here was jabbadahut

Mama Cass wasn't near as scarey!

CanadianCakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CanadianCakin Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 3:25am
post #22 of 127

I loved Ashley's cake too! I think she woiudld have won if the colour was brighter and the logo was placed better!

JoJo0855 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoJo0855 Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 3:26am
post #23 of 127

I was shocked at the winning cake! While it was fun, I've seen better ideas in the CC galleries. Okay, maybe not 6' cakes LOL.
Ashley should have won, the detail on hers was incredible and the revolving shark was so clever. The sign could easily have been moved.
But, hey what do I know! icon_confused.gif

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 5:08am
post #24 of 127

Totally agree with you about the cake divas judge, IMO she's not in any position to be a judge, any of the contestant do a better job on a cake with only one hand than her and her whole staff of CD, sorry but it's true!

SharonK1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SharonK1973 Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 5:32am
post #25 of 127

I was very shocked to see her on there too...not surprised though, that her character hasn't changed either. She doesn't make me think of pretty cakes. I thought Ashley's would win too!

PapiCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PapiCakes Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 5:35am
post #26 of 127

Ashley's cake rocked!!!!! The winner knew how to schmooze the lady from the aquarium tho. Gotta give him kudos for that. LOL!

Revale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Revale Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 5:38am
post #27 of 127

I know first hand that one of the judges is in no position to be judging the show. It's seems like you would have to be able to make a simple cake yourself before judging others. I am just saying.

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 5:44am
post #28 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revale

I know first hand that one of the judges is in no position to be judging the show. It's seems like you would have to be able to make a simple cake yourself before judging others. I am just saying.

Reva, is that you? I'd recognize that Cigaroo cake in your pics anywhere! Welcome to CakeCentral! Lots of other great cakers here, too icon_smile.gif
You seem to be doing great with Merci Beaucoup! Congrats on your new place and all the best for success!

Revale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Revale Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 6:02am
post #29 of 127

No comment, but yes.

I love it here! There are so many ideas and great talents!!!!

I am always telling everyone to check out this site because it is awesome and very helpfull!

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 4 Aug 2009 , 6:04am
post #30 of 127

I really really like the show. I wished the set wasn't super bright, it felt cold and no warmth. I felt that some of the judges lacked some character and I wasn't a fan of the 30 minute breaks. Overall, I have to say that the show was great. The elimination round is thrilling and the contestants were great. I hope they last more seasons because this is something I look forward to.

I agree, I love Ashley's cake too. Very nice.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%