Singing The Praises Of Cakeboss

Decorating By NEWTODECORATING Updated 2 Sep 2013 , 4:33am by BAKEDbyTristan

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 2:25pm
post #1 of 21

Well, After many, many, MANY hints to my DH he bought me cakeboss for my birthday yesterday. YEAH DH!!

So last night I was attempting to install the program--no luck, I am not computer intelligent!! So, at 11:30 I shot off a e-mail to Kelley expecting to hear from her today--Well she got right back to me and I let her enter my computer. She worked on it and fixed -whatever I screwed up!

If anyone is on the fence about Cakeboss, let me push you over to the yes side! Great customer service and a wonderful program!!

This is definately a must have for organization!

Thanks Kelley!!

20 replies
kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 3:37pm
post #2 of 21

It was no problem at all, and again, happy birthday! party.gifbirthday.gif

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 12:44am
post #3 of 21

Happy birthday from me too and congrats on receiving cakeboss. I've got it as well and I must say, the program as well as Kelley and Jon ROCK!
Last 2 weeks I felt like a dunce, cause I had some problems with it (I'm not computer literate), but it was solved via email both times within a couple of hours at most (and I live in China to boot) Kelley answered each and every email I sent within 3-5 minutes (she must have kept on pressing the send/recieve button continiously and stayed up until the problems were solved) Oh Kelley, I know what the problem yesterday was. My husband changed my computer's name, while trying to set up my new computer, that's why cakeboss didn't open, duh!

missym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missym Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 12:48am
post #4 of 21

I'm so glad this subject came up. I am really wanting this program. Do you have to be connected to the internet to use it? I have looked at the webpage (can't find it again) and wasn't 100% sure about it. But, I'd really like to invest in this, but wonder if I can use it without the interent (say if I'm using my laptop away from home with a client). Thank you!

goof9j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goof9j Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 12:51am
post #5 of 21

I agree. The software is neat. And the customer service is awesome. I also had problems installing the software, but she was right there helping me out. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

kelleym Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 12:57am
post #6 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by missym

I'm so glad this subject came up. I am really wanting this program. Do you have to be connected to the internet to use it? I have looked at the webpage (can't find it again) and wasn't 100% sure about it. But, I'd really like to invest in this, but wonder if I can use it without the interent (say if I'm using my laptop away from home with a client). Thank you!

You only need to be connected to the internet to receive updates. The program will run independently, so yes, you could take your laptop to client meetings and use it as you need to. Just make sure and connect to the internet every few weeks to check for upgrades or bug fixes. icon_smile.gif

sunflowerfreak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunflowerfreak Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 1:03am
post #7 of 21

Well I just checked out Cake Bosses web site and I can't believe how affordable it is. It is definitely something worth looking into. Right now I am just starting out but I think it is something I will be needing very soon. Thanks for the heads up.

missym Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 1:04am
post #8 of 21

Oh my gosh! Just what I wanted to hear. I can't wait. Now to find out the cost. Have a great day and thank you so much!

missym Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 1:03pm
post #9 of 21

I downloaded this last night and I can't wait to begin using it. I had a small glitch while installing, but that was of my own doing. Once I rebooted, it worked like a charm. Thanks Kelley for the quick response to my email! I can't wait to begin using this program. I'm taking my laptop camping with me tonight. It's supposed to rain this evening and be nice the rest of the weekend, so I can atleast play with this program tonight. So exciting! I know it's going to make things a lot better for me.

mrsright41401 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsright41401 Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 5:42pm
post #10 of 21

I'm right there with yah - I love Cake Boss. It's been absolutely WONDERFUL!

Rachel

CustomCakesBySharon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CustomCakesBySharon Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 6:06pm
post #11 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleym

You only need to be connected to the internet to receive updates. The program will run independently, so yes, you could take your laptop to client meetings and use it as you need to. Just make sure and connect to the internet every few weeks to check for upgrades or bug fixes. icon_smile.gif

Thank you! I was wondering the same thing....now I'm def going to get on board with Cake Boss! thumbs_up.gif

kelleym Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 6:13pm
post #12 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by CustomCakesBySharon

Quote:

Thank you! I was wondering the same thing....now I'm def going to get on board with Cake Boss! thumbs_up.gif

Thanks for your feedback, guys. It looks like this is something I should have explained better on the web site. It helps me so much to read your comments! icon_biggrin.gif

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 6:52pm
post #13 of 21

FYI... I subscribed last month and only got to use it once because my computer died (not because of cakeboss!!) I got another system, but it uses vista. I was disappointed because originally cakeboss stated that it did not work with vista. So I emailed kelley and she got right back to me with a vista fix that works great!

Thanks kelleym for this product and such great customer support. thumbs_up.gif

-Rezzy

littleredtonya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littleredtonya Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 8:08pm
post #14 of 21

I was part of the beta team when they were testing it out. I love CakeBoss. It's so easy to use, and yes Kelly and her husband are the best at fixing any problems. It's made my cake stuff alot more organized.

Way to go Cake Boss

Tonya icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Sandi4tpc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sandi4tpc Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 11:41pm
post #15 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzycakes

FYI... I subscribed last month and only got to use it once because my computer died (not because of cakeboss!!) I got another system, but it uses vista. I was disappointed because originally cakeboss stated that it did not work with vista. So I emailed kelley and she got right back to me with a vista fix that works great!

Thanks kelleym for this product and such great customer support. thumbs_up.gif

-Rezzy

Okay, I have Vista and was going to post about my sadness in not being Vista compatible [I really do NOT like being on the 'cutting edge of technology' right now!!!!]. Is this simply a matter of having it in the 'run as administrator' and running in compatilibilty mode XP/2 [or whatever!]?? I think it's obvious that I've had lots of issues with this, huh?? icon_mad.gificon_cry.gif But I need to know....should I start bugging my DH for this too?? Assuming it will work on my Vista-puter.....

I'm crossing my fingers.....

kelleym Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 11:45pm
post #16 of 21

YES! We have a Vista fix! I just haven't updated the web site yet. I will do it within the next hour and post back here.

And yes, it has to do with making yourself the SQL Administrator. Gotta love security that's so tight it won't let you be your own admin automatically. When I watch that PC/Mac commercial where PC has the dark-suited security guard who says "allow or deny?" after every sentence, I just laugh and laugh and laugh.

Sandi4tpc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sandi4tpc Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 11:53pm
post #17 of 21
Quote:

YES! We have a Vista fix! I just haven't updated the web site yet. I will do it within the next hour and post back here.

And yes, it has to do with making yourself the SQL Administrator. Gotta love security that's so tight it won't let you be your own admin automatically. When I watch that PC/Mac commercial where PC has the dark-suited security guard who says "allow or deny?" after every sentence, I just laugh and laugh and laugh.

YAY!! icon_biggrin.gif Thanks, Kelly! Now it's time to start dropping hints...like bombs!

OMG!! I LOVE that Vista security [PC/Mac] commmercial!!!! I showed it to my sisters the other day and they didn't laugh hardly compared to me because they don't live with 'allow or deny' every day!! So then I opened a program to show them the 'allow or deny' box pop up! I was still chuckling.... icon_lol.gif

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 7 Jun 2007 , 11:59pm
post #18 of 21

I have to say that I agree Kelley and Jon are the best! When I first downloaded CakeBoss as a Beta user I had many issues that I couldn't figure out. Jon connected to my computer and fixed all the problems in a matter of minutes. I gave in a purchased CB myself without my husbands OK lol heck who cares it's my company and I need it for my company I don't complain when he buys tools to build houses do I? lol. So I went in the other day and mentioned a problem with one of the reports and Jon had it fixed almost instantly! I've found that Cakeboss has the BEST customer service and tech support then ANYONE!!!! I only wish he could work for DirecTv and get my tech over here on time lol icon_wink.gif

kelleym Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 12:48am
post #19 of 21

Ok, the Vista installation instructions are now up and running, so any Vista users who purchase will receive a link to the special instructions in their welcome email. It's actually pretty straightforward, we just had to wait until we had a Vista machine to test it to our satisfaction. icon_smile.gif

Steady2Hands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Steady2Hands Posted 8 Jun 2007 , 1:04am
post #20 of 21

I too could go on and on about Kelley and John's customer support party.gif . They're the best. I don't think they sleep icon_lol.gif .

CakeBoss is an absolutely wonderful program. I'm still trying to figure out all this program has to offer. On their forums they have a "wish list" of things we would like to do with CakeBoss and they're doing their best to fulfull our wishes and make this the best of the best. icon_biggrin.gif

It's definitely affordable enough for everyone to give it a try. You can even do monthly payments (at $4.40 per month for CC members). thumbs_up.gif

BAKEDbyTristan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BAKEDbyTristan Posted 2 Sep 2013 , 4:33am
post #21 of 21

SIGN ME UP! I'M NEXT!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%