Posts by toleshed

oh thank you so much for your help
I am making a "from scratch" carrot cake for a friend.  I am putting it into a 12x18 sheet pan.  I am wondering how many recipes of the cake I should make to fill the pan.  I'd like the cake about 2" high. Heres the recipe:    2 cups flour     * 2 teaspoons MAGIC Baking Powder     * 1 teaspoon baking soda     * 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon     * 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg     * Dash of ground cloves     * 1/2 teaspoon salt     * 4 eggs     * 1 1/4...
Seriously Leah? I used to work for a confectionery store that always said that. And honestly, I did see a difference in melting after a period of time. Not in taste, just in melting. But thank you for that info
I second this.  I bought the actual DVD. Its awesome.  I paid a$19.99.  Its so informative.
Does the Merckens black chocolate have a funny taste? The ones I ordered for Halloween tasted funny. I wasn't sure if they were old or if the black just gives them a funky taste. I thought they were awful.
Merckens has approximately a 3 month shelf life. You can extend that a bit with either the paramount crystals or crisco.  The taste is  so much better than Wilton.  
Thats exactly what I'm looking for soledad. thanks ladies
How exactly do you use cookie embossers?  Is there a tutorial or you tube video anywhere? Thanks
Yeah I guess your right. I was just kind of surprised. I'm already at the level she was doing. I was just hoping for more
So I went to Michaels for my first class. Kind of disappointing. The instructor had hair that was constantly hanging in her face which was the first turn off. Then her cake was lopsided. She apologized for it but I thought maybe it shouldn't have happened. Then when she iced it she told us that we would never, ever have a smooth cake. It was just impossible. And there would always be crumbs on it. Seriously? I don't think so.  I do cookies so I had pretty much used all...