Posts by blwilley

Hi JChuck, Is this June, or an affiliate?  Don't recognize this moniker! lol And make that 'GummyGel', Icing Images would not like me calling mine DecoGel, that is their brand's name. Yeah, I started here about the same time I did CWB, & 3rd revolution.  Then there is Craftsy, Cakefu, & yummy arts.  I have about 16 Craftsy classes, and also picked up one of the BIG bundles from yummy arts last year, got everything I wanted with it.   I am fortunate to have so much...
Hi Countrycakes,   I get mine glycerine by the gal. from ebay.  There are several sites that have it here in the US, don't have to worry about the China 'brand' that way.  1. This is a site located in Ohio, for bulk Vegetable Glycerin.  For me, the price, & shipping, cost about the same, about $13.50 each, totaling about $28 for 10 lbs, or a FULL gallon jug.   That comes to about $2.80 for...
Hi Country Cakes!  And thanks for stopping by.  You are going to love this stuff.  It is easy to make, & can be remelted for later use, so pour into separate cups, for coloring, just the amount(s) you will need during your project.  I often have several colors going at one time, and you can label & save any leftovers for another time.   Don't throw any away, just remelt, & reuse.  And I strongly recommend that you flavor every batch, if nothing else, use vanilla, &/or...
Hi!  Yes, for all the many colored gems, I used a plastic isomalt/chocolate/candy sheet mold. And for the beads, etc, I used a mold. 
Hi Annabakescakes, you did send me this, quite a while back, and I was so glad that you were able to get it to work.  Then a little while later, I found a cake with the same design on it, and showed it to you.  This you might remember. And thanks for sending it this time, just in case!!  That was so thoughtful!
Hi! I have an updated data/info sheet on GummyGel:   'GummyGel' for Decorating Cakes   GummyGel is very versatile, and can be poured into almost any mold.   GummyGel is shiny like Isomalt, but is much safer than hot sugar because it requires less heat to use, no need to boil, though boiling won't hurt it.   GummyGel feels like a slightly softer version of a gummy bear.  GummyGel can be...
Hi everyone, This is the process I used to make my latest mold, on May 22nd, using my mold recipe.  First I used fondant, then my GummyGel, in the mold.  Both worked, but I like the detail with the GummyGel better.  I think the design was a little to  fine & shallow for the fondant/gumpaste, almost too shallow & fine even for the GummyGel.  I will take this into consideration on my next mold.  Remember to oil the mold well before each use, when using the GummyGel.  To...
Just checking something out...
Hi mydc,   I just realized that I did not answer all of your questions... For this one: 'Please tell me if what I see is correct so far... Place object facing upward out of container pouring mold recipe in over it!!!!!!!' That is correct!  Be sure to spray, or wipe, the object & container with oil first, so the mold will release easier from the container, and object, once set.   And as for clarifying, all I do is heat it up for 20 seconds, DO NOT STIR, and the...
Hi there Sammy09!   Just use 1/4 tsp.!   This is not rocket science, so just about anything goes! lol  This is a very forgiving recipe.  You might even find something to make it better here & there, if so, just let me know, OK?