Posts by carola cakes

Thanks Edna 
Hi everyone! As a macaron lover, I got obsessed with this little dainty morsels... and I have great news... After several disasters, I finally got a great macaron :D (pics added). My question this time is Does the macaron mat helps to get perfect circles? I finally got a good feet, great texture, and shells with smooth and flat surfaces. But what troubles me now is that sometimes my macarons are not that perfect shaped... sometimes circles, sometimes ovals... sometimes...
Hi cupcakesmaker, I'm using a butter/shortening based butter cream, I use 50%-50% when hot weather (it helps to keeping my frosting from melting to quick, and after stick it in the fridge for a few hours it holds its shape for longer than a 100% butter based buttercream ). Hi howsweet! I use homemade fondant (Wilton's Rolled Fondant Recipe). I have never use any brand of fondant, mine works fine, but when a rainy day it also gets tricky to manipulate, so I add a little CMC...
Ohhh... Thanks! So, what can I do to keeping my frosting from melting and keeping my fondant from sweating? This hot weather is driving me crazy. Is there any good frosting (buttercream ir not) that I can use in stead of Classic buttercream so my cake stop melting and move with the heat?
Hi everyone,  I have read several useful comments here about sweating fondant (Thank you!), and yesterday I finally thought I have done everything right, according to what I read. I stick my frosted cake (with buttercream) in the fridge for several hours until I needed to cover it in fondant (so I can avoid to refrigerate it before the event) and when the time came, I started covering the cake and it hadn't pass more than 15 minutes and it start sweating ! OMG! Didn't stop...