Posts by MBalaska

I'm absolutely positively convinced that the Big Secret to making Swiss Meringue Buttercream is to first beat your egg-sugar meringue mixture to FIRM PEAKS. I've never had a single problem with it since I started putting my focus on achieving stiff firm peaks at the beginning.
For a cake covered with Cream Cheese icing (carrot, pumpkin, banana) I also find that the Cream Cheese icing is very soft and difficult to pipe.  I rarely do anything other than simple borders and I had to add a bit of powdered sugar to stiffen the icing before even piping those (same as @-K8memphis  used corn starch.)  I just consider it a "desert cake" and don't decorate it up much.
I vote for the all egg white - white cake.  love that traditional flavor.
Ok from the freezer to the fridge to thaw, torted, and I really like the mouth-feel and texture of the cake.  It's really pleasant.  I'd call it a success.  
I agree with @Bluehue Perhaps the best way to describe a mud cake is RICH  as opposed to saying that it's dense.  So glad that you had a great experience  @cakefat. Mine also rose really high and made a wonderful dome, which I ate and thoroughly enjoyed!
the book 'Fit or Fat' by Covert Bailey is one of the best ever on this subject.  I can remember watching his PBS program back in the 70's or was it the 80's (too far back to remember).    http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Fit-Fat-Covert-Bailey/dp/0618002049/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1418871149&sr=8-2&keywords=fit+or+fat
Agree with @-K8memphis.  I always put a piece of parchment on the bottom of the cheesecake pan before pressing in the crust.  After it's baked/cooled, it slips right off of the bottom, and then I slip it right on top of a regular round cake cardboard.
 @makeherabaker  Last night I took the frozen cuppies out and thawed them.  They were unfrosted, and I'd put a dash of simple syrup on the tops before freezing.  They were very nice tasting.  The texture was super moist without being crumbly or having a weak texture.  I think that they were better after being frozen.  I also think that I was wrong to consider putting less milk in the recipe, as they were wonderful even without icing.  I ate several.......very nice vanilla...
ditto !! 
Thank You @docofthedead  for bringing the thread back to the important issue.