Posts by paperlace1

i have used it. the only size i could find was 3cm square in pack of 10 peices.  i found it REALLY Difficult but it may get eaisier with practice
Tesco sell it too
http://university.pinkcakebox.com/pcb-videos/part-i-fancy-shoe-shoebox-cake-video-tutorial/ This may help. There is a kit available in the uk. It was at the last show but can't find it on the net. So may not be available on general sale yet. I did think it was expensive at £75. I don't spend that much on a new pair of shoes lol
Yes you can. Americolor do one available on amazon
With all the best intentions in the world there is NO way I can be expected to be aware of food regulations in other countries, I have enough trouble keeping up with reg's in th UK. Still as demonstrated here there are plenty of people around to put me straight and suggest an alternative.
so what do you use to mix up powder into paint. I have used vodka in the past but it takes so long to dry it may as well be water.
no i wrote what i meant to write - i am not confused or wrong. the product is not consumed in this application because it evaporates. Most cake craft suppliers stock it and sell it in containers up to 250mls. some chemists also stock it. the ONLY thing you have to be sure of is that the container label states that it is FOOD GRADE   yes it is dangerous if you drink it and yes it can kill if consumed in moderate amounts. that is why it is only supplied in small...
  no applying a water spray will make the RI look Pitted. have you thought about hand  painting the stripes with iso-propyl alcohol and powder colour. it dries so quickly that it leaves the surface unaffected. doing it by hand will also mean that where the lines overlay you will get a deeper tone of colour adding to the realism of the material affect. Another way would be to do the shape in gumpaste  and spray it when the paste has dried. this paste is less affected by...
I agree air brush.    but i suggest you do a coloured undercoat too. when i use silver i apply it on top of mat gray icing  for gold the undercoat depends on the type of gold affect you are looking for i find that a mustard yellow works well. i have used white and pink too. the trick is to try to imagine the colour without the mettalic finish.  the advantage to using an undercoat is that it deepens the top coat and means that you dont need as much paint.    if you...
If you are doing a life size shoe then you may find it helpful to buy a cheap pair of a similar shape from a charity shop and take it apart. I found it really helpful to do this because you can see how the shoe is made and it helps with the little details like the material piping on the top edge of the shoe and the stitch detailing   make the template by    you can use silicone plastique  to make a mold of the heel. you can use the sole plate as your former. the other...