Posts by c3heaven

Hi,   I have been asked to make a cat in the hat themed cake for the weekend and am kinda stuck on how to make the fishbowl for the cake. I am attaching a picture of the fishbowl i need to make. Please advice how to go about it. I have tried making it with gelatine, however the weather here(India) is extremely humid and warm and the gelatine wont set firm. I dont have access to isomalt and hence could use any advice I can get currently. Thank you.   Nisha C3heaven
Hello. I have recently started to work on sugar flowers and was looking at buying some good petal dusts. I am an ardent follower of Alan dunn and while he suggests sugar flair as the best petal dusts to work with, it does kinda seem a lil too expensive for me since i need to get them shipped from the UK. Is there any petal dust brand that matches the quality of sugarflair in the US? Does crystal color have a similar quality or is there any other. GSA has crystal colors...
Hello.. Thank you all for the quick response. Looks like I may have to buy a pan and work on the shape and not try carving it freehand since it looks like a risky proposition.   Kristyaaa: I live in india so it might not be that easy to pick this pan and it surely isnt gonna reach me on time even if i ordered it online. however thank you for identifying the pan cos i never knew some of these pans actually had names too.. Good to know. :)   Howsweet : Unfortunately this...
Hello all.. I have a princess doll cake order for the coming week and have been looking around for a tutorial on how to carve the skirt/gown of the doll with cake. I do not want to go and buy a ball shaped pan since I am not really fond of the idea(However if i cant get the carving right i may just buy the pan) I have seen a lot of tutorials on carving a ball shaped cake but it looks very unnatural when the decoration is done since it looks like a doll sitting on a ball.....
Hi, I need a little help with regards to cutting out gum paste cutouts for  a cake. I have a dino cake to make and deliver on Saturday and the client wants 2 types of dinos to be cut out of gum paste and placed in a standing position on the cake. The dino figures are to be 2d and not to be moulded or sculpted which is a huge relief for me. My question now is as to how am i to cut out the figures?? I have a print of the dinos. Am i to place a copy of the dino onto rolled...
Hi,   I just got myself the basic 32 piece gum paste cutter set and am wondering what the 2 white triangular thingy is. i've attached the picture please tell me what i am to use it for? i picked the image from a google image result so kindly excuse the watermark.   Thanks in advance.      
Thank you knlcox.  
I've always noticed with myself and fellow bakers who have used black fondant that by the time I am done decorating the cake more often than not the fondant already starts to get a lil shiny. I buy store made fondant for the true black color so my piece of advice would be that after you decorate the cake let the cake sit a lil before you decide to apply vodka/shortening for the shine.     C3Heaven  
Hello All,   This is my first post here AND its a query . I'm an amateur baker and run a small home based custom baking service. I've been asked to provide some wedding cakesample pictures to a wedding planner with future prospects of doing their wedding cakes for them. I was wondering if I can cover dummy cakes with RI instead of gumpaste for a more sturdier and harder finish.The reason being simple that Fondant/Gumpaste is not just gonna be expensive but also may...