Posts by DebJ812

Quick rookie question (go easy on me): Making chocolates for a party tomorrow and the recipe on the website for the themed party suggested just melting chocolate chips to use with a mold. In my limited experience eith candy making, I have always used the candy melts. Can I add a little coconut oil to the melted chocolate chips to get a similar consistency to that of the melts? Will they still set up the same? THANKS!
I was slummin and kept it simple with regular butter and cocoa powder. I did do one batch as a dark chocolate frosting though and both were phenominal. Exactly what I was looking for! Thanks again!
LoveOnCloudCupcake--this frosting is AMAZING! It's my new go-to chocolate! Thank you so much!
Too many recipes to sift through. Can someone direct meto a good chocolate frosting recipe? One that's fluffy and bit too heavy but still has a rich chocolate flavor? Thank you!
Silver monogram type letters. Specifically an M
Suggestions where to look for letters to top cake. Checked amazon and didn't see what I was looking for. Thanks!
Buttercream. Once in bakery boxes the other time in clamshells
I'm sure it's the humidity, but the swirls are sliding off my cupcakes. The swirls themselves are not melting, but sliding off in one piece. I thought about a toothpick between the layers of swirl but that only (potentially) works if I deliver them. Thought also about roughing up the top of the cupcake a bit where no one would see it, but not sure that would work. Suggestions? Thanks!
I've seen that on the news and heard people have been taken to the ER after. Idiots.
Last night I sifted dry ingredients for five carrot cakes including 2 t of cinnamon/batch. There was much sneezing. Last night my throat and nose were burning. Today I my sinuses are a mess. So... Cinnamon or coincidence--thoughts?