Posts by BCBakey

Thank you all! Excited to make this cake...
I just want to make sure it won't look all curdled and stuff.
Hi guys,   I am planning to make a lemon curd blueberry layer cake for my daughters birthday party this weekend. My question is, can I use coloring gel to make this frosting recipe purple or will the ingredients cause it to ruin it?   Frosting By Sweetapolita 1 cup (2 sticks)(227 g) unsalted butter, softened 2 teaspoons (10 ml) lemon zest 5 cups (625 g) icing sugar, sifted 2 tablespoons (30 ml) fresh lemon juice 1/4 cup (60 ml) whipping cream (35% cream) 1/4...
I'm not sure but the cake I ended up making used 6 boxes of cake mix, LOL. It was meant to feed 40 but turned out to be way too much cake. I used 12" pans and only trimmed enough to level.They sure did love it though. Only charged $65 for it. Live and learn...
Ahhhh gotcha, thanks!!!
  I have been asked to replicate, or closely resemble, this cake. How does one make such a perfectly rounded top?! Thanks in advance!        
Thank you!!!
Hi all,   I am looking for opinions here. I am making a rainbow cake (so 6 layers) for 40 people. She does not care what size or how many tiers. She's leaving it all up to me. What would you guys do? I was initially thinking of using 12" layers to make it a single tier, and then providing her with the cutting guide for 40 servings. Or would you recommend a 2-tier? Thanks in advance!
Try Watkins Vanilla Nut!
I haven't done any huge cakes (largest I've done is in my avatar) but I've only used the pretty silver scalloped cake circles that I bought at Wal-Mart made by Wilton. For the cake in my avatar I used 2 of them for more stablization. Other than that, for the small cakes these work great and are fairly cheap.