Posts by BomCakes

If this hasn't made it on here before, I made a white cake for christmas last year from a recipe in Country Living Magazine called Mrs Billetts Wintery White Cake. Perfect first time. It was moist and had beautiful texture. They did a whole white cake tribute in the Dec 2012 issue with several icings and fillings that compliment this particular recipe. Check it out online or google Mrs Billetts Wintery white cake
Webs.com is free and has premade templates etc. It's pretty easy to use and you can make changes easily.
Ha! Ya know, I'm told I'm a sweet heart by everyone, but I think people would change their minds if they could hear me mumbling in front of my computer sometimes! Things like that just make me wanna go ninja on 'em and jab out an eye! There! that's the cure for itchy-ness! Mwahahahahahaaaa!!...oh..i'm sorry..(tinkling sounds come back, butterfly on the shoulder) Thank you for shopping with us Oh Dear
@ KathysCC OOOoooo! I will look into that. Like it! TY!
Sorry, Venting a lil. I would not like to see someone elses name tagged to a pic of one of MY cakes. I load pics of the cakes I make onto FaceBook for folks to see and inquire about. That said, I am getting alot of people who post pictures of "cool" Neet" gorgeous" cakes made by other artists on my FB page and TAGGING it with my name. So how to politely discourage this trend?? It really miffs me, but not wanting to come off mean or  "-itchy".  I do realize people are...
Had a couple ladies tag team me with FB messages the other day. A lady friend of theirs posted a pic of the cake I made for her, a two tier, sort of plain just fondant dots and some stars coming out the top, and she asked for the smash cake to be placed on top "for looks" so I obliged. No biggie right?   OMGosh! She must have announced to all of her friends that I sell three tier cakes for (the two tier price)  So this mom and her daughter simultaneously messaged me...
Wow! You'd hate to have to resort to having someone sign for the cake, but It might be a good idea. I've had crazies try to pull fast ones on me too. Stick to your guns. The customer is NOT always right.
It's all about your situation. I went to school to learn to make gumpaste flowers specifically. Spent alot of money flying around to classes. But I am so busy now, that I often have to buy them! If you are anything like me, you don't have employees, but do run a household along with orders coming out your ears. There is nothing wrong with purchasing gumpaste flowers. Famous cake bakers use them. Ruth Rickey for one admits that she just gets too busy to make them and...
Was wondering if an equal part of DaVinci syrup can be substituted for the water in a cake mix to really punch up the flavor? There are so many flavors of that product the possibilities seem endless, I realize however that it's a syrup, not water. Thanks!
Nothing is ever foolproof. I guess my thoughts are unless you have a bunch of cutthroats working for you, chances are this is one very good way to safeguard. Not the only way, right? It isn't my idea, it was Archway's and they knew what they were doing for 60+ years. Multi multi million dollar company. That's what they did. Just sharing.