Posts by Lfredden

Fill them Sunday, 2.5 dozen cupcakes don't take very long to fill.
I have used the Wilton Strawberry filling recipe for cupcake and it worked well.
Good point, thanks!
I would like to know how to do the one that was posted in the link. Would a crusting butter cream and then airbrushing it with americolor gold work? What color should the buttercream be?
Very creative, love it!
That's exactly right. With royal icing, If it's peaking it's too thick, thin it out a little till it works right. If I remember correctly, while it's in the bowl, run a knife through the icing. It should take 10 seconds for the line to not be visible anymore, that's the right consistency.
If you decide to use paper make sure your cake is on a thin cake board so the paper won't get stuck on the cake.
Jessicakes has a tutorial online that explains how to get fondant stripes onto a cake, it might help with your chevron pattern.  I'm definitely far from being a pro, but I would hone my skills more before selling cakes.  The bright side is your super young and have talent and time on your side, you'll get there.
You need to let your cakes settle for about a day or put something heavy on them for a few hours. If the cakes haven't settled the weight if the fondant will cause the problem you're having. Another cause is your dam can be squishing out, press on the cake firmly after putting on your second cake layer in order to pre-squish. It also helps to put the cake in the fridge for about 30 minutes to help the icing firm up.
IMO it's the fondant. I made MFF fondant and mixed it with satin ice, only cause I didn't make enough fondant and it went on beautifully. I'm sure mff would've worked fine on its own, but haven't tried it yet.