Posts by peppercorns

there is a bakery chain in Australia with products comparable to what one may bake at home, I have tried their Black Forest Cake, esp. and it tasted scrumptious, they have a large variety of cakes and pastry to choose from the most expensive cake I bought there costs me only $40 for a 9 inch single layer cake. I have also tried Costcos cakes although the cake presentation is beautiful, the cakes do not taste good. I think Cake Chains will survive if the products...
. Thank you for your response.
With so many people finding customized cakes too expensive, how can anyone in the business thrive?
Are those my dentures?
Ditto! I agree with you 100%, when one bakes a cake as a treat you of course bake from scratch and use the best and the freshest ingredient there is in the market. Because of this if I want dessert I make my own. Hah! I've learned to decorate from fondant to Lambeth and three d figures for my own leisure,spent a few thousand dollars chasing well known ********** teachers, buying expensive how to books as far as the Squires in England, and then when you bake a...
No, my basis for this calculation is serving size, since a cupcake is a serving size then if out of $8.00 you baked a dozen cupcakes then multiply by 3 then divide by 12. That will give you a price of $2/ cupcake. Other decorations depending on how intricate, size other embellishment s, kind of fillings etc. should be added separately to your cost. As you can see all of these adds up. Now figure out how much to charge for a cake with this formula. Good luck.
Like I told the other pricing issue this is what I know. Calculate all costs in baking this cake, ( keep receipts) triple it to cover your time and overhead costs ( electricity from using oven, water to wash dishes you used, etc.) I think that would be more than fair. Good luck:-)
Hello there, I have done both and if refrigerated it stays a bit longer about a week, although it is still useable after a week it is more difficult to work with especially piping with small tips like tip 1 or 0, best to make flowers out of them and then you can keep them indefinitely. If left out use it within three days, you have to reheat each time. Some say you can use them far longer than that but it starts to taste funny. Good luck:-)
I'd been to several farmers market in several continents and this is what I see , all cupcakes were displayed in a closed wrapped around glass case. They look scrumptious and mouth watering display, there's a lot of people milling around, and you want to protect your product. I will not buy cupcakes that are not protected well.
Check your contract.