Posts by Danilou

Thank you for the info.
How deep are these fruit cakes when baked using her scaling recipe and if they're noy exactly to hight can you trim before covering or would they dry out?
Thankyou auzzi. So you beleive it's all piping around the satin ribbon? And no ribbon insertion and wider ribbon underneath? Apparently this cake took months to decorate and it won prizes in some big show.
Thankyou everybody. I was wondering if it was ribbon inserted into lace and not the cake? Or still inserted into the cake but using the special lace or ribbon that has the slots already for ribbon insertion.
Thankyou very much
You have a very clever and thoughtful way of putting things across. Thankyou.
Thank you so much Nerdy baker. You were a great help! Yes, it is a crap photo but all I've got unfortunately. You might br right that the thinner ribbon is threaded through the lacy ribbon. So you don't think there is any piping on any of this ribbon. I guess my goal is to get as close to the original as I can. The mother knows nothing as it's a surprise.
That's how a lot of us would calculate the costs. Others would say; don't forget extras like costs of running your oven, water, paper towel, dish detergent, etc. It might seem like a lot of money but it's a 3 tiered cake. Some here would charge a lot more.
Bump
I also meant to say that your cake is gorgeous!!!! Sorry. I suppose I thought that it went without saying!! . ..lol