Posts by kkmcmahan

Well I got that I am a mystery, it had no feedback to provide.  How depressing is that!  Maybe it's really a good thing, always keep them guessing.
You could also try a little powdered sugar on the frosting under the cake board or parchment paper.
Well done Linda! It came out beautiful, and thanks for the details of what you did.  I'm dying to try one of these.
I bought mine online through Cake Things; they sell them by n.0, n.25, and n.5 inch sizes.  I got the 6, 8, and 10 inch in the .0 and .25 sizes.  I'm thinking the .0 will be sufficient, especially for ganache, but think the .25 will work well for smbc.  Haven't tried them yet though.  My next cake is not for a couple of weeks, I will be trying them then.  Anxious to see how it goes since I have never used this method before.
Love that store and love that vanilla paste.  Also really like the Scharffen Berger chocolate powder that they carry.
Stay polite and professional.  As the poster said above, apologize for not being able to provide her with her request and move on.    The only way she is going to 'see the light' is by going to other bakers with her request and seeing what she gets for the money.  Sounds like she has ordered cakes from you on many occasions so she will have a good comparison.  Brush it off and move on without giving it a second thought.  Good luck.
Came out great!
Well you have probably already finished your cake, but for future reference, this is information I received last year from Chellescakes here on CC.  It was great and worked out really well for me.   quote from Chellescakes: I cover the cake in fondant , make sure your covering is as smooth and flawless as you can make it, as any flaw will be accentuated when you apply the leaf to it.    I like to let it sit at least 24 hours to dry out and harden a bit , two to three...
Awesome!  And congrats!  Would love to do what you are doing now.  Enjoy!!!
I always use the bake strips and for cakes over 8 inches also use the nail.  The strips keep from doming and the nail helps with baking the center.