Posts by HotPink_LipGloss

Are there going to be any other flavors? That might be kind of boring if that's all you're going to do with vanilla. I would suggest adding a filling and or different flavored extracts in the cake part for more diversity. Vanilla is a great base for many things. Add some lemon zest with lemon frosting & boom you have lemon. Add sprinkles to make it funfetti. Add crushed oreos for cookies & cream. The possibilities are endless.
Thank you oh so much! I'm glad I have a recipe now & that the chips will work. You've saved my day.
I'm up for anything. The only thing she requested is that it be smooth like truffle filling. Thanks.
It needs to be piping consistency not dipping.
Does anybody have a good reliable recipe for this? I have to top chocolate cupcakes with a ganache & I bought ghirardelli(sp) chocolate chips to stay on budget. The lady I'm making for wanted it bc she loves the centers of truffles. I'm concerned bc I've read that the chips will be too difficult to work with & the ganache won't be smooth? I have no other choice. Can you add butter to make it more smooth? Thank you.
Thank you Rebecca and emet!!!! Glad to know y'all were successful. I'll try it again .
If it's still good, PLEASE let me know what you did. Thank you!
I really thought I was the only one who experienced this. I think once it comes out the jar, the flavor evaporates...even if you don't mix anything else in. Your hazelnut idea is a good idea....will try. I hope someone has success bc the bakeries can't even seem to get it right lol.
Yes I really don't understand it. I think it loses flavor once it's out the jar. I will try your suggestion & just add some powdered sugar next time. Thank you.
Yeah don't do it unless you experiment first. Make some and then try it the next day. Hope you can have some success.