Posts by HotPink_LipGloss

Hello Cakers. I am 100% a from scratch baker; however, my best friend can't afford to buy a cake for a bridal shower she's throwing. She was going to make cupcakes from a box herself but I offered to do it as long as she bought the mixes. So she bought the pillsbury traditional vanilla mixes which don't have any pudding. Which cake mix extender recipe would be best for those? I've never made an extender recipe before & definitely not used to the non pudding mixes. I am...
Good morning K8 . Thank you for the well wishes. Yeah I'm dreading the P word like the plague. There has been a huge flu epidemic here and everyone in the area literally has it lol. That's what brought on my bronchitis. I have a follow up appt to see if it went away which it hasn't...meaning another round of yucky antibiotics. Yikes I don't envy your arthritis at all. I've seen so many suffer through it. I hope you find some more relief! Have you tried natural remedies?...
^^Thank you for the tip. The store didn't have it, but I will keep that in mind . I ended up being too chicken to use the coconut milk in the cake part. I had no time to do a test batch. I used coconut extract instead & put the coconut milk in the cream cheese frosting. They came out ok but lack much coconut flavor. But usually when I eat coconut cake I taste no coconut other than the flakes on top. My testers said they were perfect though lol.
Thank you! Yeah it seems to be a big mystery. I'm going to try replacing the whole milk with full fat coconut milk tonight. Will let you know how it goes .I am doing good but been suffering with bronchitis for about 3 weeks now. The tail end just won't go away. I'm starting to hate winter lol. How are you?
I want to make coconut cream cupcakes for the game Saturday. Dorie Greenspan perfect party cake is my holy grail for white/vanilla based cupcakes. Can I replace the milk in the recipe with coconut milk? I hear it cooks out. Or should I use the coconut milk to make the frosting and some sort of coconut cream? I have tons of it. Thanks!
Ahh I totally get it now . Can't wait to actually bake my first 2 tier but I have to buy so many things first (cake board, dowels, turntable, leveler, frosting knife).
Wow, this really comes in handy. I appreciate it .
ThankThis is so helpful, thank you .
That makes much more sense. I don't understand how others make cakes without dowels & cake boards.
Thank you for clearing that up. It's so confusing bc I watch plenty YouTube videos & some use just dowels & no cake board or one dowel through the whole cake.