Posts by HotPink_LipGloss

I literally just realized that I used unbleached bread flour instead of unbleached all purpose flour for a vanilla cupcake order I had a couple weeks ago. I noticed while making the batter that it was thicker than usual(but smoother) and tan instead of white. Then while baking, they didn't rise as much which was OK bc it usually rises a lot....almost too much. They came out almost brown in color BUT they were the best vanilla I've ever made as told by everyone. Still super...
Thank you!!I will try that.
Plungers bc with silicone you have to make sure you don't put too much or too little fondant in. Then you must make sure you coat the mold in cornstarch so the fondant won't stick... and try to dig the fondant out after you put in mold. It's much more time consuming than the plungers.
Hi all. I absolutely love the white cake recipe I use. It requries 4 large egg whites. How many large eggs with the yolk should I use to turn it into a yellow cake recipe? I normally just use 3/4 cup of liquid egg whites(as stated on the back) when I make white cake, but I'm not sure if the measurements for liquid whites are the same as regular eggs. My cakes don't come out as fluffy if I use regular large egg whites for some reason. Thank you for any help.
Yeah I certainly loathe most of Wilton's products; however, it's all that I can get. I live in the New Orleans area and after Katrina, the cake supply store never returned. There is not one close by at all. Buying on the internet can get expensive due to shipping. So I'm glad Wilton improved their fondant. However no matter what brand fondant, chocolate, candy melts, etc I use for decorations, people never eat them. They just admire the decorations, eat the cupcake, &...
Actually Michaels has it.
A fellow caker says that the new Wilton fondant truly is easier to roll & tastes better. Only available at Joann's right now.
Thank you. I have the king size wilton cupcake pan & liners which are great but they are like 4 cupcakes in one. I did find some taller ones on charming creations site just now 2x1 3/4 that I think these could be. My question is do I need a different cupcake pan now? Thank you.
Maybe you are baking them a little too long? I don't mind slightly harder edges on my cupcakes though & usually by day two it softens.
Is your pan a nonstick dark coated one? Those pans tend to cook the outer part of cupcakes or any baked goods faster. If that's the case, reducing your oven temperature by 25 degrees should help.