Posts by HotPink_LipGloss

That's really cool to know! I'm a huge fan of Russian cake, so I'm going to keep a look out for it when I travel .
I have seen several recipes for other types of Russian cake, but never this one. Where did you get it if you don't mind me asking? I haven't googled for one in a long time though.
Sorry that I'm just seeing this. Thank you so much for your concern and condolences. Mom had had a very tough road but returned to work about a month ago with a boot and cane. Then about a couple weeks ago she had surgery to remove the screws and pins. She is healing as scheduled though and doing better by the week . I happened to be there actually while it happened...saw it too. I called an ambulance as soon as it happened. Glad she's doing better now though bc it was...
If any of you come to New Orleans please do yourself a favor and go to Haydels Bakery and try some Russian Cake. It is amazing and better than any cake pop I've ever had...even mine lol. If you tried it, you would understand. You can only get it in the New Orleans area and this was long before cake pops as we know today existed...however those are amazing as well. Just wanted to share. Here's a little bio on it and picture: Russian cake is one of those #onlyinNOLA...
Thank you both for the input!! There is a local cupcake shop that makes the best yellow cake/cupcakes. It's just as fluffy as the box stuff if not more and almost highlighter yellow bc they use farm fresh eggs. However, they use just the yolks & it is so fragile. By the time I arrive home which only takes 15 min, they fall apart. It's just so fluffy, light, and tender...from scratch.
I didn't realize until 2 weeks later lol. The batter was denser and darker than usual but I assumed it was bc I was using unbleached all purpose flour for the first time lol. If I noticed before baking I would've definitely freaked and started over lol.
Are you serious? It seems quality is being compromised for money in everything these days. Things are getting smaller and smaller, but prices remain the same. I'm always having to increase my prices.
Very true that some chocolate contains dairy(that's what I get for being up for over 24 hours LOL), but there still could be something in the melts that a person can be allergic to....thinking it's real chocolate. I just wouldn't market the stuff as chocolate....that's a flat out lie. Occasionally slipping is one thing, but intentionally deceiving customers is another. Plus those really into chocolate can tell something isn't right esp if it's the Wilton ones haha.As far...
You'd be surprised who can't tell the difference. I've never been much of a chocolate eater. The times I had the melts before I started baking, I had no clue. I do a lot of candy molding, and most people call it chocolate. I'm like no it's candy LOL. However, I use the Gihrardelli(sp?) ones most of the time. They taste really good but it's $5 for a 12 oz. bag. If only tempering chocolate was easy!
"Gourmet" is definitely overused these days even at the store. When I was younger, it was something prestigious made with very fine ingredients like imported chocolate. Now I see pretzels covered in "fake chocolate" labeled as gourmet. People will buy anything if it says gourmet. One of my college English corses,we spent the whole semester picking out decieving phrases in ads and commercials. Some of my favorites were "noticeably longer", "brighter smile"(not bright...