Posts by Chelcod

My local Bulk Barn said Kwik fondant is addressing the issues of their product having hard 'bits' (which I have experienced as well), and they are also going to start double bagging their fondant because it has been very hard. But the price has gone up $2 a bucket. Might try other kinds and see.
Thank you for your reply.It's called a boiled fluffy icing, made to look like marshmallows.Recipe:Ingredients:3 tablespoons Meringue Powder 1/2 cup cold water2 cups granulated sugar1/4 cup corn syrup1/2 cup waterI'm guessing this recipe is likely too high in water? Maybe I'll just stick to my regular buttercream icing to be safe.
I am new at this....I heard if you make a fondant decoration and it sits directly on buttercream, after a few hours it starts to 'melt'. I have cupcake toppers decorations made of fondant and want to place them on top of piped marshmallow icing. Anyone know if it will 'melt'?
I am new at this whole decorating thing, but my friend, who has been doing it for years and I did a comparison between her mmf and this Kwik Fondant. We found it very pliable, easy to use, very easy to cover a cake (my first time turned out perfectly), the texture isn't too sticky, if you leave it sit uncovered for a bit and it feels a bit dry, I put a teeny bit of shortening in my palms, work it in briefly and it returns to original consistency. Most importantly, it...