Posts by IAmPamCakes

According to one of my books about vanilla, 2 pods per 8 ounces of liquor should be enough. I use more, for stronger flavor. Make sure you buy extract beans. Apparently, grade B is for extract. This thread reminded me that I need to order more beans...
In use rice milk to make ganache.
I'm territorial, so I wouldn't let anyone, unauthorized, into my work space. And no matter what kind of rules are in place, someone will ALWAYS touch something.
Interesting... I may have to try this sometime. Just for the sake of trying.
Look for a red velvet cookie recipe. Cake recipes do not easily translate to cookie recipes, unless you are VERY good at chemistry. And even then, it will be a completely different recipe, so don't waste your time. There are lots of recipe sites (allrecipes.com, for example) that have lots of recipes to try.
Yeah, she's a pretty cool lady
That's not much for all that work. Rural community or not, I don't think you'll be making any money on that order. I'm considered to be in a rural community, and I would've charged quite a bit more than $110.
I agree with Nadiaa; ask the client what exactly they want to achieve. Lots of leftovers for themselves, pops or cupcakes as favors for guests to take with? They may not have even really thought it through. Give them several options, and maybe some reasoning as to why one option might work better than another. Personally, I would put a minimum on the pops & cupcakes to 1 dozen each, but that's just me. Then you could do a small cake & a dozen each of cupcakes & pops. That...
Thank you cakefat. I thought the same thing.
It is family taking us for granted. Neither of those options, Norasmom.