Posts by cakefat

yep, missing their troll. I think that they went to away school in a far off land.
OP- I guess you didn't read about the 'nicest, kindest possible way' to say something.    Please stop misusing the word "bully". It's offensive.   Also- I cannot believe that you are a real poster now. I think you're just baiting people, asking how to price a wedding cake that you don't know how to make or price, not being able to spell anything but claim you're in school and then using 'whom' with a preposition. Shady.   Oh and then of course, throwing the word...
 Here in Singapore, most local bakeries (storefront or home) charge by weight. The Singaporean accent is not close to the American accent at all- but I've met quite a few who do have an American/Canadian accent if they've gone to the international schools here (for most of their schooling) or they went to North America for school, it could have been a situation like that.  Personally, I think charging by weight isn't a good way to price at all- as it's not fair to the...
OP- in the nicest, kindest possible way, I think you're in over your head. Of course I haven't seen your past work, but just going by your posts, your friend should be worried.  A cake for 200 people is a lot. 
I think all the batty roles have been taken but seriously, you should start something new and call it "the even better than the twilight cake club".   I would vote you in as president or overlord (whichever you wish to be called), because how many hamsters do you know that can use a computer, type, spell and use proper grammar?!     Not many, that's my guess. 
 Hamster, when you become president of the twilight cake club, the rules won't apply to you either. 
 it wouldn't at all. 
I think taking a class in person with a great teacher is one of the best things you can do to improve. It really beats anything online by miles, there's just no comparison. If you can find someone in your area who is coming through who is really skilled at this craft (not just so-so or ok but BAM!) then I recommend that.   Also, try out different brands of fondant if you can and spring for the really good stuff at least once (like carma massa), it makes anything else...
While I do think your lost customer was rude to you, I have to say your 'topsy-turvy' cake was not good at all. I would have asked for refund too and would have not picked up that cake. But I don't think her reaction is appropriate either, especially as you had refunded her the money.   I think you should keep practicing more before you sell anymore 'topsy-turvy' cakes as this one is not quite at a professional level.    Did she see your 'portfolio' before she hired...
 that sound all sorts of wrong. ewww gross.